HP Printers are one of the most advanced in the market. This is because of the constant innovation that they’ve been putting into the area of printers and office appliances. As a result, their printers are now not just printers. You can scan with them, send or receive faxes, or even take photocopies of the documents!
These were heavy, big and expensive machines, but all that changed when HP entered the market. There are reasons beyond this that HP has been one of the leading sellers of printers. One, the printers are really affordable. The printers that are sold by the competitors, at the same league of features, will cost definitely more than what HP offers.
The next, main reason is the ease of setup and use. In this blog, we’ll take you through an HP printer’s setup, as instructed by 123 hp com setup.
Unboxing the printer
- The first step is to unbox the printer and to check if all the parts that came with it are intact. Meaning, you will have to have a printer, the wire that connects the printer to the power socket, the USB cable that connects the printer with the computer, a cartridge and some ink. These are all default items that come with the printers offered by 123.hp.com/setup, so if you don’t have any of these, please go ahead and confirm the same with the vendor.
- The next thing to do is to establish connection between the three things – your printer, your computer and the internet router. It is true that the computer that is connected to the printer can print from the internet, but the printers from HP can now printer from the internet, directly!
Printing a sample:
- We have to make sure that the printer works before connecting to the computer. So, please take the printer out of the box, and connect it to the power socket. Once you do that, press the power button on the printer. Now that the printer is on, please put a few papers in the input tray.
- Please do not overload the input tray, or there’ll be paper jam. After the printer has paper, please open the cartridge tray, and load it with the cartridge. Once you do that, the printer will automatically detect it, and start adjusting its print head according to the paper. After the adjustment is done, you might as well go ahead and let the printer take a sample paper printed out. IF the alignment in the printer is not satisfactory, you can adjust it manually
Installing the device driver from 123.hp.com/setup
- Now that the printer is all set up, you will now have to connect the printer to the computer. But before this, you will have to install the device drivers in the computer that you want the printer to be connected to. Go to the website 123.hp.com/setup, and enter two pieces of information. One, the printer model number and two, the operating system of the computer. Once you do that, you will be given the executable file of the application.
- Download and start installing the device drivers. Please do not connect the printer to the computer yet. During the installation, the device driver wizard will itself ask that you connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable. It is enough if you do it then.
Connecting the printer to the computer.
Once you connect the computer to the printer, the setup is almost done. If you want the printer to be connected to the internet as well, for reasons like AirPrint, please press the WiFi button on the printer and do so.
If you have any questions on the 123.hp.com/setup, or if you need help setting up your printer, please do reach out to us and we’ll walk you through the setup. Our toll-free number is +1-888-800-3260 and we’re open 24*7!